Ecommerce web design is the key to delivering a successful and unique online offering. Web design for ecommerce goes beyond creating a usable website. Ecommerce websites must consider all aspects of the user experience in their design.
Shopping cart functionality, for example is but one part of the overall ecommerce process. Designing for ecommerce websites involves creating an online experience through which customers learn to trust you.
BlueArc takes a fundamental approach to ecommerce web design. We think like a potential customer and then apply best practices in design, architecture, navigation, content presentation and functionality to achieve a seamless shopping experience for the user.
Successful ecommerce web design involves:
- Keeping the customer experience top of mind throughout the design process.
- Clean, uncluttered design to support an aesthetically pleasing online experience.
- Removing unneeded elements and information which can distract and discourage shoppers from completing a purchase.
- Focusing on the product detail page to give visitors comprehensive information about the product, including the use of high quality imagery to help progress the purchasing decision.
- Using rich textual detail to inform shoppers and also attract prospective customers via search engines and SEO.
- Making the checkout process concise by including only the necessary steps to complete the transaction. This helps give customers peace of mind and avoids shopping cart abandonment.
Designing effective ecommerce websites is centred on creating an exceptional user experience.
Leveraging our expertise in ecommerce solutions, web design and web development, BlueArc creates ecommerce websites that ensure an intuitive, seamless and memorable shopping experience for customers.
Take the next step. Get in touch with us to learn more about how you can achieve a successful online offering.