BlueArc has redeveloped the website for furniture and homewares retailer, Freedom furniture.
Powered by BlueArc’s flagship IgnitionSuite Web Content Management System (CMS) together with the Dimensions Enterprise Ecommerce Platform, the website offers customers a wealth of new and innovative features for a more fulfilling online experience.
Scott Porter, Chief Executive Officer for BlueArc, said, “We’re proud to have been chosen as the digital partner to enhance Freedom’s online presence. The new website represents an excellent step forward for Freedom by providing customers with a simple, seamless and elegant digital experience that also reflects the core brand values of the bricks and mortar stores.”
IgnitionSuite provides an intuitive web content management solution that empowers Freedom marketing staff to deliver the most relevant content to customers.
The Dimensions platform reduces the administrative burden on staff by automating the process of cleaning, sorting and categorising product data and then translates this data into rich, web-ready product information. The dynamic merchandising function makes it easy to integrate promotions and special offers.
Dimensions also provides powerful search capabilities, guided navigation and fast filtering, giving customers a channel where they can browse the product range before visiting a store.
After the huge sccess of the online site Freedom Furniture then wanted to expand its reach through a Mobile website.
Freedom sought a solution that would take shoppers beyond an online browsing experience to one that would provide the ultimate convenience of buying online across multiple devices. The new ecommerce and mobile site development thus continued the growth of their retail business across Australia and New Zealand.
The mobile shopping experience was designed with simplicity and key usability goals in mind, and leveraged the BlueArc team’s extensive ecommerce capabilities to provide a flawless shopping experience for customers.
The platform on which BlueArc created the existing Freedom website allowed for seamless integration of mobile site development, ensuring brand consistency and ease in editing and updating mobile specific content.
Mobile site features include:
- Full integration with existing CMS
- Simple and easy to use – for both the customer and the Freedom marketing team
- Mobile commerce integration – creating additional purchasing channels
- Integration with PayPal - simple and secure checkout process
- Converting website mega menus and categories into an easy-to-navigate M.site
- Location-based search to help customers find their nearest store
- Clear and easy access to areas of the site - highly relevant to users on the go
- 'Swipe' functionality for simple browsing
- Optimised for the highest quality output on all sizes of screens
- Automatic redirect for users on mobile handsets – creating a seamless transition from web to mobile, while tablet users are directed to the entire Freedom website for an optimum experience
- HTML5 forms - displaying a relevant keypad dependent on the information required for the form
- Improved user experience that is relevant and on brand
- Additional revenue stream through mobile commerce
- Greater efficiency and cost savings - the site is fully manageable in the CMS which also powers the website, ensuring familiarity and ease in editing and updating content
- Further insight and analysis into customer behaviour through mobile specific analytics