BlueArc believes that adherence to Web Standards is fundamental to crafting a quality website. This website (like all websites designed and developed by BlueArc) conforms to Web Standards.
Web Standards refer to the formal recommendations that define and describe best practices for building websites, as set out by the Worldwide Web Consortium (W3C).
The fundamentals of Web Standards are:
- Valid code
- Semantically correct code
- Separation of content from presentation
Some examples of Web Standards are:
- HTML & XHTML
Web Standards are designed to:
- Deliver the greatest benefit to the greatest number of web users.
- Ensure the long-term viability of any web document.
- Simplify code and lower the cost of production.
- Deliver sites that are accessible to more people and more types of browsers and devices e.g. PDAs, mobile phones, etc.
- Continue to function correctly as browsers evolve and as new devices come to market.
- Improve web page performance (faster download times)
A site built to Web Standards is lean, clean, accessible, usable and search engine friendly.
BlueArc is committed to providing our clients with websites that are accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology, device or ability.
If you experience any difficulty in accessing the BlueArc website, please don't hesitate to contact us.